First, purchase plastic bugs and some cheap headbands. You can find them in craft stores or online. I bought a large bucket full of them and it was pretty inexpensive. I would recommend buying a boa too, for no other reason except, that they are fun. I mean, who doesn’t need a boa in their closet? Then glue the bug to a headband with a hot glue gun (make sure you are not wearing it first). Hold the bug still while the glue hardens, without touching the glue. It’s easier if you print or write down the list of bugs, so that everyone can see all the options.
I created this game to learn about bugs. but try you can use it to learn about other things too. I hope you enjoy it.
How to play “Did you know you have a BUG on your head?”
Different Types of Bugs:
HOW TO PLAY
1. If playing in a classroom have pick a person or the teacher put 2 chairs in front of the room facing the class.
Then the headband picker will place the headband on the players head (no peeking). If playing with 2 people put it on the other persons head and have them close their eyes.
DO NOT TELL THE PERSON WITH THE BUG ON THEIR HEAD (the “BUG HEAD”) WHAT THEIR IS BUG!
3. THE PERSON WHO HAS THE BUG ON THEIR HEAD MUST GUESS THE BUG.
4. THE “BUG HEAD” MUST ASK A Yes or No QUESTION ABOUT THE BUG ON THEIR HEAD.
Does my bug jump?
Does my bug fly?
Does my bug have 8 legs?
Does my sting?
Does my bug bite?
Does my bug eat leaves?
Does my bug eat other bugs?
Does my bug crawl?
Does my bug have no legs?
Does my bug buzz?
5. After they ask the question and get a YES or No answer they have to guess what bug it is.
Is my bug a spider?
Is my bug a Praying Mantis?
6. The “BUG HEAD” cannot touch the bug on their head. They can hold on to the sides of the “bug holder”.
7. Then the first person who guesses the bug on their head wins. 2 Players are the “Bug Heads”. They take turns asking questions about the bug on their head.
Enlist 1 or 2 Helper (s) to put on the “Bug Head Bands” on the players, so they cannot see the bug.
The rest of /class group is to answer yes or no to the “Bug Heads”.
May the BEST BUG HEAD WIN!
For fun, I had the last person have a car known as the “Bug” hard to find, but it makes for a funny ending.
I hope you like the game.